After high school, students are typically left with two choices: college or work. However, there is another option and that is taking a gap year. Just like going to a university or starting to work, taking a year off is not right for everybody. It takes a lot of thinking and research before deciding on the next step. Essay writing experts have enlisted some important pros and cons of taking a break before starting college.
1. Regroup and rediscover- After being in school for several years, you might feel burnt out. Going to university while you aren’t in best mental shape will only lead to poor performance. Use this time to get some relaxation as well as spend some much needed time with family and friends.
2. Travel- Most students take their year off to travel. Whether you’re backpacking through Europe or somewhere else, you’ll discover a new found respect for different cultures, beliefs, and languages. By the end of your gap year you’ll have several interesting stories, and memories to share and cherish.
3. Work- Some scholars also utilize this time to work. The money saved from working can be used towards future endeavours such as a car or education. You can also take internships or jobs related to your career path. This will get you relevant experience and a chance to learn from industry experts that will make your resume better.
4. Pursue other passions- You can create a start-up company in your garage or give the humanitarian inside you a chance to volunteer locally, nationally or internationally with any NGO.
1. Losing momentum- You can easily lose continuity. Skills you had, such as assignment writing, and course knowledge might be forgotten, making the transition back to the school difficult.
2. Financial risks- If you choose to travel in gap year, it might prove to be a huge financial burden. If you are finding it difficult to evaluate the risk, ask yourself, “Is this a wise investment or just an expensive vacation?”
3. Wrong reasons- Taking a year off because you were rejected from your first school choice will only make you feel worse. It’s best to choose from the colleges you were accepted in. It is possible that you may end up loving your new school. If you don’t, there is always an option to put in transfer applications.
If you’ve made your decision, there may still be one more obstacle in your way: to convince your parents. If unaware of the merits of a gap year, they may discourage you from taking a year off. They might fear that taking a break will lead you to discontinuing your studies altogether. If this is the case, tell your parents the benefits of year drop and inform them about your plans to use it wisely and productively.
We hope that you have found this blog helpful, and if you do, then don’t forget to share it with your friends. If you need help in essay writing task, then you can connect with us without thinking once. Instant Essay Writing has the best team of academic writers who are ready to help you out at the most affordable costs.