Greenhouse gases are certainly the most threat causing elements of the world today. Gases such as ozone, nitrous oxide, carbon dioxide, methane, and water vapor absorb the heat that is reflected from the earth’s surface which leads to global warming. It consequently heats the earth’s surface and atmosphere. As these gases have created a major impact on human existence, our chemistry essay writing experts have enlisted following facts associated with their effects. Read ahead!
- Because of the high rate of emission, greenhouses gases will remain in the atmosphere for several decades, and it’s almost impossible to eliminate global warming for many years.
- Melting of glaciers due to increasing heat causes rise in sea levels as well as water shortage in areas that depend on natural sources of water.
- The rising sea levels could threaten the lives of people living in the coastal areas. Around 100 million people live around 3 feet of sea level, and many cities of the world are located near such vulnerable coastal areas.
- According to a report of IPCC in 2007, sea levels will rise by 7-23 inches by the end of this century due to the greenhouse effect.
- Since 1880, the average rise in temperature per year has been 1.4-Fahrenheit degrees.
- According to climate studies, the last two decades of the 20thcentury have been recorded as the hottest in 400 years.
- The Arctic is considered as the most affected place byglobal warming.
- The Arctic ice is melting rapidly, and it is estimated that by 2040 the region will have an ice-free summer.
- The average temperature in Alaska, Western Canada, and Russia have rose up to two times the average global temperature.
- The Montana Glacier National Park had 150 glaciers in 1910, but now only 25 are left.
- Due to greenhouse effect andpollution, coral reefs are suffering from rapid death, highest since 1980.
- Extreme weather changes have led to forest fires, heat waves and severe tropical storms throughout the world.
- Nowadays, humans are emitting more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, faster than the absorbing rates of plants and the oceans.
- More than 1 million species have become extinct due to disappearing habitats, ecosystems, and acidic oceans all caused due to the greenhouse effect.
- Global warmingcan alter the ocean’s conveyor belt that can cause a mini ice age in Europe.
- Increasing temperatures will release more greenhouse gases, and because of methane in atmosphere water evaporation rate will increase.
- Carbon dioxide is released into the environment at the rate of 1000 tons per second.
- The carbon dioxide levels in this 20thcentury have been highest in the last 650,000 years.
- 37 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide is released by human activities per year.
- Since the industrial revolution, the level of carbon dioxide on earth has increased by 34%.
- By the year 2100, it is estimated that the average temperature will rise by 5.8 degrees.
- Each year of the 21stcentury gets ranked as one of the hottest years.
- In the past 30 years, the average consumption of fossil fuel by the United States has been 80%, and these fuels release maximum greenhouse gasses.
- Researchers have estimated that between 2000-2100, the heat-related deaths could rise by 150,000.
- Global warming is heating the colder areas of the world, thereby making them disease-prone due to adaption issues.
- Heat waves caused by global warming is responsible for many heat-related illness and deaths.
- Greenhouse effectcan lead to massive food and water shortages and has a life-threatening impact on the wildlife.
These figures would have definitely made you realized that it is extremely difficult to prevent the world from collapsing due to global warming. Many schools, organizations, and government bodies are making efforts to encourage people to take steps that could prevent its causes. Environmentalists have quoted that unless this critical issue hits every person on the earth, it will be very difficult to prevent the world from burning due to greenhouse gases in the near future. Hope you take action from today!
If you are a scholar and need essay writing assistance, then you can right away contact our experts. Our services can be availed at very affordable prices, and our experts are widely known for top-notch content.